High School participants
√ All students and artists will participate in marimba orchestra and chamber ensembles.
√ All students will receive:
- 2 private lessons from artists
- many chamber music coaching sessions
- many master classes on a variety of topics (performance practices/interpretation, recording and editing, movement for marimbists, history, career development, and more)
√ HOUSING: travel, and room and board costs are included in tuition fee. Your room housing will be chaperoned. 3 meals a day will be included.
√ The 50% deposit is a NONREFUNDABLE place-holder for your spot at the Academy. All remaining tuition and housing fees must be paid on or before the first day of the Academy.
√ Your spot is reserved once you have completed all required registration items; i.e. registration form, tuition payment/deposit, and other requirements depending upon level.
Registration & FEE PAYMENT DEADLINES:
JUNE 1 – REGISTRATION FOR COLLEGE/YOUNG-PROFESSIONAL, AND HIGH SCHOOL PARTICIPANTS
- Tuition deposit due – 50% of tuition
- $750 for high school
- Registration form
- Recording samples
JULY 8 – REMAINING TUITION PAYMENT DUE
- July 8-15
- No audition – Submit application form and tuition fee/deposit through website links.
- Participation at this level includes many classes, lessons, and performance opportunities.
- High School students will get ample time to work on technique and musicality with artists in master classes and private lessons!
- TUITION FEES:
- $750 or 50% deposit (DUE 6/1)
- Includes housing and meals.
A typical day at the HMF Academy can include:
- Small chamber ensemble rehearsals
- A private lesson
- Practice time
- Social time
- Master classes and lectures
- Marimba orchestra rehearsal
- A midday recital and/or evening concert
- Recording session
- Editing session