High School participants
√ All students and artists will perform/record together, and participate in editing new marimba orchestra arrangements to be included on the CD release.
√ All students will receive:
- 2 private lessons from artists
- many chamber music coaching sessions
- many master classes on a variety of topics (performance practices/interpretation, recording and editing, movement for marimbists, history, career development, and more)
√ HOUSING: travel, and room and board costs are not included in tuition fee. Your room (campus [chaperoned] housing) and meals (3 a day) will total about $275. Must be paid by the first day of the Academy.
√ The 50% deposit is a NONREFUNDABLE place-holder for your spot at the Academy. All remaining tuition and housing fees must be paid on or before the first day of the Academy.
√ Your spot is reserved once you have completed all required registration items; i.e. registration form, tuition payment/deposit, and other requirements depending upon level.
Registration & FEE PAYMENT DEADLINES:
June 1 for registration for College and High School Participants – $600 or $400 (or deposit)
First day of Academy (7/9, 7/10, or 7/11) for remaining deposit and housing fee.
- July 11-16
- No audition – Submit application form and tuition fee/deposit through website links.
- Participation at this level includes many classes, lessons, and performance opportunities.
- High School students will get ample time to work on technique and musicality with artists in master classes and private lessons!
- TUITION FEES:
- $400 or 50% deposit (DUE 6/1)
- +$275 for housing/meals (DUE 7/11)
A typical day at the HMF Academy can include:
- Small chamber ensemble rehearsals
- A private lesson
- Practice time
- Social time
- Master classes and lectures
- Marimba orchestra rehearsal
- A midday recital and/or evening concert
- Recording session
- Editing session