Help us reach our goal during our annual fundraiser.
We've begun our annual fundraiser for educational activities. We have a $10,000 goal to reach between October and December of 2017.
Help HEARTLAND MARIMBA raise funds to support its educational efforts! Receive a gift when you donate at a certain level!
The Iowa Arts Council has awarded HM a grant to begin the projects below, but in order to successfully complete them matching funds have to be raised.
- Commission, premiere, record, and publish 6 new marimba quartets for high school level. (Recordings will be released to schools for free.) – Composers include: Jared Coffin, Daniel Krumm, Adam Hopper, Caleb Pickering, Andrew Veit, and Matthew Coley.
- Commission, premiere, record, and publish concertos for marimba quartet with high school band and college orchestra. – Composers include: Paul Alan Price-Brenner and Kevin Romanski.
- Do several free performances/presentations at schools in smaller, under-served communities.
- Build and launch our SoundWAYS (Workshop for Aspiring Young Soundmakers) program in multiple communities. The first workshop is planned for June 2018 in Cedar Rapids, IA at the Eastern Iowa Arts Academy.
- Develop our after school elementary music program for smaller, under-served communities.